The San Fernando Valley Woodworkers (SFVW) was formed in 1988 for the purpose of enhancing skills, providing information and sharing the joys of working with wood. None of this group knows everything, but between the lot of us, we know a whole bunch.
Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7 PM, at the Balboa Park Sports Complex, in the Gym Building, at 17015 Burbank Blvd, Encino, CA (just west of Balboa Blvd).
Become a Member
Please see our club flyer for more information on membership. If you have any questions regarding our group, please use our “Contact Us” form on this site, and someone will respond to your inquiry.
Upcoming Meeting Programs
Every meeting includes time for Show & Tell, sharing of the Monthly Challenge activity, and a Q & A session. In addition, we provide programs with invited experts, as well as our own members, demonstrating their expertise, and describing their processes.
- January 18, 2018 – Finishing Techniques
- February 15, 2018 – Circular Frames for Stained Glass
- March 15, 2018 – Four Legged Stools the Rogowsky Way
- April 19, 2018 – CNC Routing for woodworking
- May 17, 2018 – Cerusing
- June 15, 2017 – Tool Sharpening Techniques
- July 20, 2017 – Dust Collection
- August 17, 2017 – Finishes Done Right
- September 21, 2017 – Jigs and Fixtures
- October 19, 2017 – First Aid in the Woodshop
- Oct. 21 – 22, 2017 – Toy Build Weekend
- November 16, 2017 – Toy Contest
- December 21, 2017 – Holiday Dinner