The San Fernando Valley Woodworkers (SFVW) was formed in 1988 for the purpose of enhancing skills, providing information and sharing the joys of working with wood. None of this group knows everything, but between the lot of us, we know a whole bunch.
Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7 PM, at the Balboa Park Sports Complex, in the Gym Building, at 17015 Burbank Blvd, Encino, CA (just west of Balboa Blvd).
Become a Member
Please see our club flyer for more information on membership. If you have any questions regarding our group, please use our “Contact Us” form on this site, and someone will respond to your inquiry.
Upcoming Meeting Programs
Every meeting includes time for Show & Tell, sharing of the Monthly Challenge activity, and a Q & A session. In addition, we provide programs with invited experts, as well as our own members, demonstrating their expertise, and describing their processes.
- January 17, 2019 – Club Member Project Show
- February 21, 2019 – Native American Gourds
- March 21, 2019 – Rediscovery Center – Teaching woodworking skills to children
- April 18, 2019 – Scroll Saw Tips & Techniques
- May 16, 2019 – Carving turned wood – Joe Feinblatt – greenwoodartist.com
- June 20, 2019 – Unique Jigs – Rockler Corner Key Spline Jig
- July 18, 2019 – Inlay techniques
- August 15, 2019 – Wood carver & sculptor – Doug Rowel – http://carverdoug.com
- September 19, 2019 – Jigs and Fixtures
- October 17, 2019 – Finishing techniques – Using water base finishes. Repairs
- Oct. 19 – 20, 2019 – Toy Build Weekend
- November 21, 2019 – Toy Contest
- December 19, 2019 – Holiday Dinner